Dorothea and Mildred Seegler Endowed Scholarship Fund
Description: The Dorothea and Mildred Seegler Endowment Scholarship Fund is available to students with declared major within the Exceptional Education Department
Requirements: Student must have declared major within the Exceptional Education Department, 3.0 or higher GPA and have a valid FAFSA on file with the Financial Aid Office
Semester(s) Awarded: Fall and Spring
- Mildred M. Seegler
- Supplemental Questions
- Provide a list of three references who can attest to your academic and/or personal commitment to the field of exceptional education
- Provide an essay of at least 500 words answering the following questions.
- Describe any community based initiatives (tutoring, respite care, after school programs, etc) to serve students with special needs that you have been involved in. These can include activities or coursework at Buffalo State that have enhanced your ability to teach students with special needs.
- Discuss a significant work in exceptional education that has shaped and strengthened your interest.
- Discuss evidence of your commitment to Buffalo State Tthrough participation in student organizations, professional organizations, participations in presentations, or programs affiliated with SUNY Buffalo State.
- Have you thought about what you'd like to do after graduation and if you have briefly describe your current ideas.
- How important is it to you to be in a teacher preparation program for working with students with disabilities.
- In which field of exceptional education do you intend to work and what specific interests do you have in this field.
- Is there any particular project or goal in exceptional education that you would like to accomplish as a student at Buffalo State?
- What is your philosophy of education for students with disabilities?
- What particular strengths do you bring to your studies that give you conficence you will do well in exceptional education?