Ronald J. and Lilia E. Peters Scholarship Fund
Description: Ron and Lilia Peters established this scholarship to help students at Buffalo State.
Requirements: The Ronald J. and Lilia E. Peters Scholarship recruits undergraduate students with declared majors in social work, education, dietetics or nutrition, psychology, or other major that can lead to a career in the public sector. Candidates must be enrolled full time and have financial need. Incoming first year students must have graduated in the 85th percentile of their high school class or have an equivalent class ranking; transfer students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
Semester(s) Awarded: Fall and spring disbursement
Renewable: Yes, for up to 4 years total as long as recipient continues to meet the above criteria and writes a letter to donor annually
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you in a declared major?
- Please explain if you are from a disadvantaged background.
- Do you intend to work in the public sector?
- Do you intend to work in the public sector (ex. education, social work, civil service, healthcare)?
- If yes, please briefly explain how your declared major will guide you to a career in the public sector