Black Fashion Scholarship
Description: The purpose of the fund is to foster equity and inclusion within the fashion industry by providing scholarships to students of academic promise in the Fashion and Textile Technology Department.
Requirements: Recipient must be a fashion and textile technology major. Preference given to student of African descent are of African descent or would contribute to the diversity of the student body in the program for which they are applying; or are members of a group that is historically under represented at the college or have overcome obstacles such as socioeconomic, educational, or other disadvantages or disabilities.
Semester(s) Awarded: Fall & Spring
Renewable: No, however student may apply and receive more than once if they apply each year and are considered to be the most qualified candidate
- Supplemental Questions
- Equity and inclusion
- Are you a member of a group that is historically under represented at Buffalo State College?
- Are you of African descent?
- Have you overcome obstacles such as socioeconomic, educational, or other disadvantages or disabilities?
- Would you contribute to the diversity of the student body in the Fashion and Textile Technology Department?
- Describe your commitment to promoting an equitable society by addressing 1) your commitment to racial social justice and the fashion industry; 2) how this scholarship would help you bring about change by promoting inclusion of all individuals regardless of race, age, sex, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.
- Name and email address of reference such as a teacher, guidance counselor, or other person who can write a letter of recommendation for you testifying to your determination to address systemic racism.